Religious Stagnation.


In my relationship with God, if I religiously stagnate on the plateau of man-made doctrinal knowledge regarding Christ and His Gospel, I will cease to spiritually mature in Christ. Instead my selfish fleshly nature resurrects and it pretends to be new...giving me the false assurance that I am godly.

The longer I park on the plateau of man-made doctrinal knowledge, made to look good by denominated bible interpretation, the more my relationship status with Christ degenerates into religiosity spawned by a religious spirit of performance in doing the do's and don'ts to measure up to being a "good Christian". this brings me into the bondage of religious performance BUT, I become void of spiritual life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".