To Whom does is our Allegiance belong to?

As Paul did, all true believers in Christ are to recognize the headship of Christ and the authority of Christ instead of the headship and authority of religion. Relationship with God is not found through something it is found through someone. Our death to the self-life and religious-life is a reality because of God's grace. Grace is not extended to so that we only have "Christ's life" within us...it is given so that "Christ's life"  will be lived through us as the community of the redeemed.

 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal. 2:20)

We are not given grace to follow some man's ideology because He claims to be a representation of Christ and submitting to His authority or the authority of man a because of an appointed position in the hierarchal scheme of things. Grace is given to us to recognize the authority of JesusChrist's and to submit to Him. 

By submitting to man's authority whose authority are we really submitting to?

Lucifer’s hearts desire is to be the head of God’s people, he wants to be worshiped as God; so wouldn’t it make sense that he would want control over the community of the redeemed? Do we give him that control by following man-appointed leaders of man-made religion?

“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” (Isaiah 14:12-14)

We do not belong to ourselves or a religion, we belong to Christ.

Let's not be responsible for acknowledging the desire of Lucifer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".