I am who I am

I would rather be understood for who I am than be accepted for who I am not.
I am nobody great and I have lived a very simple life.
I have made mistakes.
I have experienced heartaches.
I have caused heartaches.
But, I trust I have also brought joy and happiness to some people's lives.
My name will never be in neon lights.
No monuments will ever be erected in my honor.
No shrine will be dedicated to me.
When I am gone my name and the memory of me will soon be forgotten.

But, if people can read on my tombstone the words:

In living he loved, thus, he lived well.
In loving he died, thus, he died well.
In death he is in the presence of love thus, he is living well!

Then my life would have been worth the living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".