Glenn's Religious Pondering.

In the religious world there is much ado about...popes, superintendents, bible schools, pastors, bishops, reverends, right reverend priests, seminaries, sermons, tithing, choirs, alter calls, signing member ship forms, standing for "christian causes", and scaring the hell out of people. What is ironic about this ado is; I have searched the Bible and I can't find where Jesus ever talked about or participated in any of it.

But I did find He said; "And you must not be called masters (leaders), for you have one Master (Leader), the Christ." (Mat. 23:10)

In the religious world we are inundated with; denominated churches, Sunday-go-programmed, event-driven-meetings, collection plates, Sunday school, children's church, and Bible study. Again I cannot find in the Bible where participated in any such thing.

But I did find He said; " making void the word of God by your tradition, which you have handed down. You do many things like this." (Mark 7:13).

But I did fine He said; For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (Mat. 25:40)

Religious people today talk about and participate in these all these supposedly "important" things. I guess they are important in the religious scheme of things, but of little or no spiritual relevance. If these things were of spiritual importance wouldn't Jesus have talked and taught about them, at least some of the time.

Mmmmmmmmm, the pondering I ponder, makes me wonder if the wonderment that religion holds is worth wondering about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".