Was Jesus a Victim of Torture?

There is no doubt that Jesus was brutally tortured by the Romans and they believed that the torture would result in His death. But there was not enough arsenal in all the torture chambers of the world to kill Jesus, He was not a victim!

Nothing they could do would have been sufficient to kill the Son of God. Jesus was neither a victim of the lies of the religious rulers nor of Rome’s corrupt political posturing. Death would only come when he surrendered to it.

“The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life... No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord” (John 10:17-18).

He laid down His life because of His LOVE for people. so that we would become a part of Him through the new birth to continue to show the people of the world what God is like, as He did prior to His laying down of His life. We now make up His body on earth.

What kind of God are we showing to the world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".