MISTAKES we all make them.

“Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure.” Proverbs 4:26

“The prudent gives thought to his steps. One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless.” Proverbs 14:15-16

It is not idiotic to make an honest mistake, but when we make that same mistake over and over again . . . that’s something else. We ought to learn from mistakes and and not be foolhardy enough to repeat them.

It’s not foolish to make a mistake. We all fall in many ways. But foolish describes the person who falls in the same way over and over again. A foolish person never learns. Repetitive unwise decisions and acts is the lifestyle of a fool.

A foolish person has careless feet—they don’t think through the consequences of their actions. They never fear until they fall. They fail to reason that this decision if acted on is a little dangerous; I should be careful.” They don’t consider what will happen to themselves or to others as a result of their actions.

What’s more, let a little time go by and they make the mistake again. They don’t remember, “The last time I did this, I got hurt.” Instead they walk back into the same situation again.

How about you? Are you learning from past mistakes or do you find yourself in painful repeats? Do you stop and contemplate:

If I am a workaholic and neglect my family, relationship breaks down and heartache ensues?

If I max my credit cards up to the limit, it causes more pain than doing without what I thought I had to have?

If I fail to feed my spiritual hunger and satisfy my spiritual thirst by maintaining my communion with God, my life unravels really fast?

Proverbs 4:26, “Ponder the path of your feet.” Think about where the path ahead is taking you. Are you going to like what is at the end of the road? It is foolish not to think about that. The wise always do.

Let every decision you make, every relationship that you nourish and develop be an intentional pursuit of God’s best and what is good for you and for others.

Be WISE and use WISDOM so you will not repeat past mistakes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF YOURSELVES TOGETHER! by David Yeubanks

The Abusive Tool of Fear-Mongering.

A Bloggers Take on "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" and "Hell".